Education awards and scholarships
We offer a range of awards and scholarships to help our residents achieve their goals:
Three people wearing graduation gowns and caps
Tertiary Scholarship Scheme
Round two of Tertiary Scholarship Scheme applications closed 4.30pm Friday 8 July 2022.
Find futher information below.
The Tertiary Scholarship Scheme (TSS) aims to increase the capacity for local Rockingham residents to be able to complete tertiary education. There are two scholarships offered through the TSS:
- Undergraduate University Scholarships: Up to $10,000 per scholarship equating to $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester) for up to four years or upon completion of degree.
- TAFE/VET Diploma Scholarships: Up to $4,000 per scholarship equating to $2,000 per year ($1,000 per semester) for up to two years or upon completion of diploma.
If you are currently enrolled in, or have received an offer to study in semester one, 2022 and meet the following eligibility criteria, you are encouraged to apply.
Applicant eligibility criteria:
Successful applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- City of Rockingham resident for a minimum of three years at the time of the application
- aged between 17 and 40 years
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- can demonstrate financial hardship (see definition in application package and guidelines)
- must provide a letter of offer or evidence of current enrolment at a nationally recognised university or TAFE/VET provider
- have a minimum of one full semester (six months) of study remaining from the TSS application closing date
- must be completing an undergraduate university degree or TAFE diploma for the first time.
Community members seeking financial assistance to pursue their educational goals may find further information through the following organisations: