Young business owners, creatives, aspiring start-up founders, side hustlers and entrepreneurs are invited to network, connect and upskill with our Young Entrepreneurs Program.
This year-round program includes Young Entrepreneurs Bootcamps, Business Development Sprints, workshops, networking events, pitch nights and access to the our Young Entrepreneurs League.
The Young Entrepreneurs Program is for young people aged 12 – 25 who live, work or study in the City of Rockingham. It is powered by the team at Skills of Modern Age and Spacecube’s Plus Eight Academy.
Young Entrepreneurs Leap Bootcamp
The Young Entrepreneurs Leap Bootcamp is the perfect opportunity for young people to explore their curiosity and grow their entrepreneurial skill sets. In this one-day bootcamp, participants will learn about the fundamentals of the Lean Start-up approach to launch a successful business.
Bootcamp participants will:
- learn business skills and gain the right mindset
- empower themselves with all the tools needed to build a successful business
- learn different approaches to problem solving, product and/or service development
- explore themes such as lean canvas, customer-centricity, design-thinking and rapid prototyping
- learn how to effectively pitch and communicate your ideas to teams, and the community
- make friends and build their business networks.
This is not just a standard bootcamp! At the end, you will be motivated, inspired and ready to be a young entrepreneur who shares their ideas with the rest of the world.
The next Young Entrepreneurs Leap Bootcamp will be held in July 2021. Keep an eye on the City's Facebook page for updates.
Young Entrepreneurs Start-up Sprint
Have an idea? A problem that you or some of your mates have been wanting to solve? Want to turn a great idea into your dream job?
Explore new ideas and the best learning techniques that have come straight from the Valley with this six-week program designed for young entrepreneurs who are seeking support to identify their target market, build a business and increase revenue. The final session will include a pitch evening where you will have the opportunity to pitch your start-up ideas to family, friends and potential investors.
The sprint will run over a six weeks on Monday evenings via a mixture of online and face-to-face sessions. The next sprint is planned for January 2021.
Young Entrepreneurs League
The Young Entrepreneurs League is a local entrepreneurial network for young people. The league provides opportunities for young people to network and build business relationships that are essential for established businesses and start-ups to thrive.
Starting in February 2021, league members will have access to free weekly co-working, collaboration and upskilling hours at the new Rockingham Youth Centre.
The league will also be available through an online platform so young people can continue to network, collaborate and support one another through their entrepreneurial journey between face-to-face catch ups.
League members who attend Leap Bootcamp or Start-up Sprint will also be invited to join the Plus Eight Alumni Network with a variety of benefits including:
- coaching and mentoring opportunities from established start-up founders and business owners across Australia
- support to raise funds including access to pitching events and introductions to investors
- discounted accounting and legal services from alumni members
- social and networking events
- peer-to-peer programs
- opportunities to give back and mentor new young entrepreneurs.
League memberships will open in November 2020. Contact the City via firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like information on how to register.