The standard service for most residential properties is the three bin collection system. This includes a:
- 360-litre recycling bin (yellow lid)
- 240-litre green waste bin (lime green lid)
- 140-litre waste bin (red lid).
The waste bin is collected weekly, with the green waste and recycling bins on alternative weeks.
Bin collection day
Search for your bin collection days on our Near Me property search.
Bins are collected on all public holidays, there are no changes.
Each week two bins are placed out for collection.
On your bin collection day, place your bins on the kerb by 6am ensuring:
- the wheels are facing your house
- the lids are closed
- each bin weighs no more than 70 kg, and
- they are a safe distance from other objects.
What to put in each bin
Clean and empty recyclables accepted in the yellow lidded bin are:
- glass jars and bottles
- plastic bottles (lids removed)
- plastic margarine, yoghurt or icecream containers
- aluminium soft drink cans
- steel food, Milo or coffee tins
- clean paper (not shredded) and newspapers
- magazines and junk mail
- flattened cardboard boxes, tubes and egg cartons.
Recyclables are sorted at a Material Recovery Facility in Bibra Lake.
Clean garden organic materials accepted in the green lidded bin are:
- small prunings, twigs or sticks (maximum of 400mm by 200mm)
- lawn clippings
- cut flowers (no wrapping paper, string or elastic bands).
Green waste is composted at a facility in North Bannister.
General household waste accepted in the red lidded bin are:
- food scraps
- meat trays and soft plastics
- nappies, cotton buds, tissues and other personal hygiene items
- animal waste and droppings
- broken toys
- old clothing, rags and textiles
- broken ceramics.
Waste is landfilled at the Millar Road Landfill, Baldivis.
How to use the three bin collection system
New properties or broken bins
To get a new bin or to have your bin repaired, please contact us on 9528 0333. Allow seven days for repair or delivery of the bin.
Delivery days for replacement waste bins or new properties are:
- Wednesdays: Baldivis, Karnup (including Vista Estate), Secret Harbour, Golden Bay and Singleton.
- Fridays: Rockingham, Hillman, Cooloongup, Shoalwater, Safety Bay, Waikiki, Warnbro and Port Kennedy.
Bins belong to the City of Rockingham and should not be removed from the property.
Change your bin service
Additional bins can be requested or cancelled by the ratepayer of the property, by filling out the forms below.