We are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of our residents.
We hold a range of healthy eating workshops and programs throughout the year for community members to attend.
Coming up in the April school holidays is our Junior Kitchen workshop series. Junior Kitchen is a chance for your kids to get cooking while learning a range of skills to support healthy development. Each child and parent/carer will work as a team to create a range of lunchbox recipes and complete fun nutrition challenges.
Learn more and register
Where to go for advice
If you are looking to learn more about ways to improve your health, see some of the below resources.
- The Australian Dietary Guidelines have information about the types and amounts of foods, food groups and dietary patterns that aim to:
- promote health and wellbeing;
- reduce the risk of diet-related conditions, such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity; and
- reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and some types of cancers.
- The Heart Foundation has great resources, recipes and information about healthy eating for heart health.
- Livelighter has a range of recipe booklets and ideas to give you the skills to make small (or big) lifestyle changes to improve your health. There are also downloadable resources to educate your family and community.