We are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of our residents.
We hold a range of healthy eating workshops and programs throughout the year for community members to attend. There are no further workshops scheduled for 2020, we look forward to sharing the exciting workshops for 2021 soon.
Where to go for advice
If you are looking to learn more about ways to improve your health, see some of the below resources.
- The Australian Dietary Guidelines have information about the types and amounts of foods, food groups and dietary patterns that aim to:
- promote health and wellbeing;
- reduce the risk of diet-related conditions, such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity; and
- reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and some types of cancers.
- The Heart Foundation has great resources, recipes and information about healthy eating for heart health.
- Livelighter has a range of recipe booklets and ideas to give you the skills to make small (or big) lifestyle changes to improve your health. There are also downloadable resources to educate your family and community.
Seniors Week Nutrition workshop - Simple Eats for Seniors
In this workshop, facilitated by Charlotte Rowley from Habits for Health Nutrition, you will learn about healthy eating, simple changes to make your meals healthier and how to prepare some healthy, simple, low-cost meals.
To book your spot please contact the City on 9528 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Sensations for Adults
Food Sensations for Adults is a community nutrition education program delivered by FoodBank WA specifically designed for adults 18+ who want to increase their food literacy skills.
Over four sessions you will learn to cook tasty, easy recipes and get involved in fun nutrition-themed activities. This program is free, however participants must be able to attend all four sessions. Sessions will be held on Fridays, 10am to 12.30pm at the Mary Davies Library and Community Centre.
- Session 1: 19 November
- Session 2: 26 November
- Session 3: 3 December
- Session 4: 10 December
Registrations essential (limited spaces). To book your spot please contact the City on 9528 0333 or email email@example.com.