Sausage sizzles, barbecues and other low risk food stalls are a popular way to raise money for charities and community organisations. However, in order to prevent incidents of food borne illness, it is essential that the food is handled in a safe and hygienic manner.

Stallholders must receive approval from our Health Services prior to holding the stall. There are some restrictions on the types of products that can be sold from a stall, as well as the location of the stall. For further information please refer to the guidelines below, the Mobile Food Business page or contact us on 9528 0333.

Trading in public places

All food vehicles are required to comply with the Food Act 2008 and Food Safety Standards. Food vehicles must be registered and inspected by the local authority where they are housed overnight.

Food vehicles must also be licensed by our Health Services before operating within the City of Rockingham. There are restrictions on the areas that food vehicles can operate. For further information please refer to the documents below, the Mobile Food Business page or contact us on 9528 0333.

Street entertainers, charity fundraising and advertising permits

Any person wishing to perform on a public place requires a permit. A performance includes but is not limited to performing with an instrument or multiple instruments, a live performance, including but not limited to singing, dancing, mime, clowning, juggling, puppetry, comedy, magic or a living statue act and creating visual art.

Any person or organisation wishing to raise money for a selected charity or wishing to advertise within a public place requires a permit prior to commencement. Advertising includes but is not limited to displaying literature for religious, charitable, benevolent, educational information or similar.

Activities on local government property

To operate a commercial business on any our of our reserves, a permit needs to be issued under the City of Rockingham's Public Places and Local Government Property Local Law 2018. This includes personal training, dog obedience classes, surfing schools, and operating bouncy castles and amusement rides on the City's foreshore.

Guidelines on how to apply, and an application form are available below.

Go to Top of the page