All Australian citizenship ceremonies held at the City of Rockingham will be cancelled for the foreseeable future.
When the City is able to resume citizenship ceremonies, you will be allocated a ceremony date in the order that we received your information from the Department of Home Affairs. Conferees who have been waiting the longest will be allocated first. This includes conferees who have already requested a later date, as these dates are not guaranteed. You will receive a new invitation approximately eight weeks before your new ceremony date by email. Please wait to receive your new invitation.
Applications for citizenship
All applications for citizenship must be made through the Department of Home Affairs or by phoning 131 880.
The Department of Home Affairs will send you a letter of approval and then allocate you to a scheduled ceremony. Once your allocated ceremony has been filled, your information will be sent to the City of Rockingham. This can be up to three months in advance. A letter of invitation will then be emailed out between six to eight weeks prior to your ceremony. Once received, please read all information carefully. All conferees must confirm their attendance by the RSVP date on the invitation.
Information regarding the process and timelines of your application and your ceremony allocations is only available through the Department of Home Affairs. We are happy to answer any ceremony-related questions you may have.
- Our citizenship ceremonies take place on the first Monday and Tuesday of each month, excluding public holidays.
- There is no ceremony in December and our January ceremony takes place on 26 January, Australia Day.
- The wait for a ceremony is between three and six months.
- An invitation will be emailed eight weeks before the ceremony date.
- Dress code for the ceremonies is smart. Please do not wear Hi-Vis or work wear, beach attire and thongs or anything shabby or torn. Cultural dress is encouraged.
- Photo ID must be presented for registration.
- The Mayor conducts citizenship ceremonies and presents the applicants with their certificate and a gift.
- Ceremonies are held either at the City of Rockingham Administration Building in the Reception Room or at the Gary Holland Community Centre. Please read your invitation carefully.
- If you need to change any of your personal information, please contact the Department of Home Affairs on 131 880 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 6 April 2020 (cancelled)
- Tuesday 7 April 2020 (cancelled)
- Monday 4 May 2020 (cancelled)
- Tuesday 2 June 2020 (cancelled)
All dates after 2 June 2020 will be assessed closer to the time. You are not able to book into any of these ceremonies.
For more information regarding our citizenship ceremonies contact us on 9528 0333 or email email@example.com.