Applications for citizenship
All applications for citizenship must be made through the Department of Home Affairs or by phoning 131 880.
The Department of Home Affairs will send you a letter of approval and then allocate you to a scheduled ceremony. Once your allocated ceremony has been filled, your information will be sent to the City of Rockingham. This can be up to three months in advance. A letter of invitation will then be emailed out between six to eight weeks prior to your ceremony. Once received, please read all information carefully. All conferees must confirm their attendance by the RSVP date on the invitation.
Information regarding the process and timelines of your application and your ceremony allocations is only available through the Department of Home Affairs. We are happy to answer any ceremony-related questions you may have.
- Our citizenship ceremonies take place on the first Monday and Tuesday of each month, excluding public holidays.
- There is no ceremony in December and our January ceremony takes place on 26 January, Australia Day.
- The wait for a ceremony is between three and six months.
- Your invitation will be sent eight weeks before the ceremony date.
- Dress code for the ceremonies is smart. Please do not wear Hi-Vis or work wear, beach attire and thongs or anything shabby or torn. Cultural dress is encouraged.
- Photo ID must be presented for registration.
- The Mayor conducts citizenship ceremonies and presents the applicants with their certificate and a gift.
- Ceremonies are held either at the City of Rockingham Administration Building in the Reception Room or at the Gary Holland Community Centre. Please read your invitation carefully.
- If you need to change any of your personal information, please contact the Department of Home Affairs on 131 880 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 26 January 2020 (Australia Day) (full)
- Monday 3 February 2020 (full)
- Tuesday 4 February 2020 (full)
- Tuesday 3 March 2020 (full)
- Wednesday 4 March 2020 (full)
- Monday 6 April 2020
- Tuesday 7 April 2020
- Monday 4 May 2020
- Tuesday 5 May 2020
- Tuesday 2 June 2020
- Monday 6 July 2020
- Tuesday 7 July 2020
- Monday 3 August 2020
- Tuesday 4 August 2020
- Monday 7 September 2020
- Thursday 17 September 2020 (Citizenship Day)
- Monday 5 October 2020
- Tuesday 6 October 2020
- Monday 2 November 2020
- No scheduled ceremony for December 2020
For more information regarding our citizenship ceremonies contact us on 9528 0333 or email email@example.com.