Community Breakfast Ride
Each year the City holds a Community Breakfast Ride in March. The 2020 Rockingham Community Breakfast Ride will take place on Sunday 22 March.
The family-friendly event includes three cycle distances along our stunning coastline: a 5km smooth and easy ride, a challenging 11km ride and an extra challenge of 19km. Riders check in from 8am with the first wave taking off at 8.30am. All three rides will head out along the Rockingham coast shared path, starting and finishing at Long Point, Port Kennedy Boat Ramp.
- 5km riders will turn around at Cote D'Azur gardens.
- 11km riders will turn around using Fendham Street.
- 19km riders will turn around near Safety Bay Yacht club.
Maps will be available on the day and volunteers to cheer you on at all turnaround points. Please also see the cycle routes on the map below.
Following the ride, everyone can enjoy a free breakfast provided by the Lions Club, free bike maintenance checks from KD cycles, and children's activities including a bouncy castle, face painting, giant games, prizes and giveaways. One lucky community member will win the major prize – a brand new bike from KD Cycles.
If you would like more information please call us on 9528 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrations are essential. You can register up to five people at a time.
Register for the Community Breakfast Ride
Registrations close Friday 20 March.
Registrations forms will also be available on the day.
Don't forget to wear sun protection and bring a water bottle on the day .
To ensure the safety of all riders and path users on the day please see the below safety guidelines:
- Helmets must be worn at all times.
- The ride routes are on shared paths so please ride on the left-hand side of the path at all times.
- Use your bell to pre-warn other path users.
- Riders must stay behind the ride leader at all times (ride leaders will be wearing fluorescent vests).
- Riders must follow the traffic wardens' instructions.