What is the nbn™ network?
The nbn™ network is an exciting upgrade to Australia’s existing phone and internet network. It is being rolled out across Australia by NBN Co. The rollout is done as quickly as possible to bring fast broadband to every home and business.
Construction of the National Broadband Network (nbn™) has commenced in the City of Rockingham, including parts of Golden Bay, Singleton and Baldivis.
Find out of if the nbn is available at your address
How do I connect to the nbn™ network?
The switch to the network isn’t automatic.
1. Check if the nbn™ network is available at your address at nbn.com.au, or by using the address checker tool above
2. If the nbn™ network is available, call a telephone or internet company and choose the plan that suits you. Your telephone or internet company will do the rest
3. If the nbn™ network is not yet available at your address, register your details at nbn.com.au to be notified when you can connect.
Be wary of scams
Residents are reminded to be wary of scammers impersonating the NBN Co. Tips for protecting yourself against scammers include:
- Visit NBN Co’s website for information on how to identify and avoid potential scammers or for advice if you suspect you have been scammed.
- Remember NBN Co is a wholesaler, which means it does not sell phone or internet services directly to the public. People need to contact their preferred phone and internet provider in order to make the switch.
- Do not share your financial information ((i.e. bank, credit card or gift card details) or personal details with an unsolicited caller or door knockers trying to seek payment for an nbn™ service.
- Never give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer or devices via the installation of programs.
- NBN Co does not make automated calls (i.e. robocalls) to advise of disconnections to a service. Please do not engage with these calls.
- If in doubt, hang up and call your retail service provider on their official customer service centre number to check if the call is legitimate. Do not use contact details supplied by the caller.
For any enquiries about the nbn™ please call 1800 687 626 or visit nbn.com.au.