Floodlight PIN Codes Terms and Conditions
If you are purchasing a PIN code on the Internet, by ticking the "I agree" box you agree to the terms and conditions set out below:
- Each PIN Code entitles you to use the City’s outdoor lighting equipment at a reserve (as that equipment exists at the date of usage) (Lighting) for the continuous period of time specified at the time of purchase between the hours of 7am and 11.59pm.
- No refund (or part thereof) will be given if (for any reason) you use the Lighting for less than the permitted time or if you decide not to use your PIN Code.
- If your PIN Code does not activate a substantial portion of the Lighting at a reserve, the City will provide you with a replacement PIN Code or a refund if you notify the City (as soon as possible) of the name of the reserve and the date and time when you attempted to activate the Lighting.
- If your PIN Code is lost or stolen, the City will reissue your PIN Code to you if you notify the City within 6 months of the loss or theft occurring and provide proof of purchase. However the City will not provide you with a replacement PIN Code.
- The City may charge a reasonable fee for reissuing your PIN Code.
- The City acknowledges that certain laws (for example, the Australian Consumer Law) imply terms, conditions or warranties into contracts for the supply of goods or services that cannot be excluded. For example, for consumers, services come with non-excludable warranties under consumer protection legislation that they will be provided with due care and skill and be reasonably fit for their purpose. Clause 7 is not intended to exclude or restrict the application of such laws.
- Subject to clause 6:
- the City and any of its officers, employees or agents are not liable for any loss or claim of any kind (including, without limitation, indirect loss, consequential loss, economic loss, loss of an opportunity, loss of profits or your liability to other people under contracts or otherwise), arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Lighting save to the extent that such loss or claim arises from the wilful misconduct of the City or any of its officers, employees or agents; and
- the City and any of its officers, employees or agents are not be liable to you for any loss:
- to the extent that it is caused by you (for example, through your negligence or breach of contract);
- to the extent that it results from your failure to take reasonable steps to avoid or minimise your loss; and
- where the Lighting does not activate because of events outside the City’s control (such as black-outs, accidents, a failure in equipment that is not owned or operated by the City, an industrial strike and an act of God).
- Any notification to the City may be by given by email (email@example.com) or telephone (08) 9528 0333.