Rubber Softfall Replacement Program
- Major infrastructure projects
- Planning and design
We will be removing and replacing playground softfall in various locations across the City.
Our Playground Softfall Replacement Program aims to continuously improve public open space across the City and will involve the following reserves:
- Mike Barnett Sports Complex, Rockingham
- Waikiki Foreshore, Waikiki
- Port Kennedy Foreshore, Port Kennedy
The program will include the removal of old rubber softfall, followed by the installation of new rubber softfall. Works is scheduled to start in January 2024, subject to weather and contractor availability.
Existing play areas will be impacted from time to time. We ask that residents follow these safety guidelines while works are being done:
- Do not enter the area of works.
- Do not approach plant operators for conversation. There are many hazards which place the worker, yourself and others at risk or serious injury.
- Do not stop the workers from performing their duties as this could result in unnecessary delays and place you at risk.
- Be aware of you own surroundings and keep dogs on leads at all times.
|Reserve ||Scheduled Work |
| Mike Barnett Sports Complex||Convert existing sand softfall to rubber|
|Waikiki Foreshore ||Replacement of existing rubber softfall |
|Port Kennedy Foreshore ||Replacement of existing rubber softfall |