Hairdressing and beauty therapy
Prior to commencing operation, an inspection will need to be undertaken to ensure the premises meets the required standards. When you are ready to commence operations, please contact Health Services on 9528 0333 or via email to email@example.com to arrange for this inspection – please allow 48 hours for the inspection to be scheduled.
Ongoing routine inspections will be conducted once the business is operational to ensure that suitable standards are maintained.
Once the building construction is complete, the below forms are required to be submitted and an inspection of the facility is undertaken.
On successful completion of a facility inspection, the Maximum Accommodation Certificate/s will be issued and operations can commence.
Routine inspections of public buildings are undertaken by Health Services to ensure these buildings are being maintained to suitable standards. Operators of public buildings may self-check they are operating as required by ensuring:
- the number of people at any one time never exceeds the Maximum Accommodation Certificate;
- any emergency lighting and exit signage is operational and routinely checked/serviced;
- all exit doors are unobstructed and can be easily operated;
- all fire control devices are serviced in accordance with AS 1851;
- all toilet facilities are clean and in a good state of repair;
- no items such as power cords/cables pose a trip hazard; and
- air handling systems are adequately maintained and serviced.