Rockingham Volunteer Centre
About the Rockingham Volunteer Centre
The Rockingham Volunteer Centre (RVC) is the hub for volunteering in Rockingham. The centre finds and links people to local organisations seeking volunteers, and also promotes the benefits of volunteering.
Rockingham Volunteer Centre
Learn more about the Rockingham Volunteer Centre.
- Lists volunteer positions available in the area
- Links people with suitable volunteer opportunities
- Promotes the benefits of volunteering in the community.
- Contact the RVC to make an appointment or call into the office to register
- Browse the positions available
- Connect to an organisation seeking volunteers.
The Rockingham Volunteer Centre (RVC) is open by appointment during the below opening hours.
- Monday to Wednesday: 9.30am–2.30pm
- Thursday: 12.30pm–5.30pm
Find the RVC
Rockingham Central Library, Dixon Road
Rockingham Volunteer Stories
The Rockingham Volunteer Stories follows local volunteers and their passion for volunteering, giving back to the community and building connections with like-minded people.
Volunteering is a great way to Act Belong Commit. It can assist with your mental health and wellbeing and can make you feel more connected with your community.
If you are interested in volunteering locally you can contact the Rockingham Volunteer Centre directly.
For current local volunteering opportunities, see below. Please note that volunteer positions are updated on a monthly basis.
Rosie and Jane
Rosie and Jane from the Baldivis Community Garden
Meet Rosie and Jane who have turned their passion for gardening into their volunteering role.
Community volunteers: Shane, Safety Bay Football Club
Meet one of the volunteers in our community. Shane is the President of Safety Bay Football Club.
Community volunteers: Stephanie, Mangles Bay Fishing Club and Warnbro Community and Family Centre
Meet Stephanie, a keen volunteer actively involved in many areas of her community.
Volunteering provides many benefits for individuals and the community. Through volunteering we can build strong communities by connecting people. It also provides an opportunity to:
- help others, including community groups, clubs, seniors, schools, young people and the environment
- share your skills and life experience with others
- gain a sense of community connection and social wellbeing
- meet new, like-minded people
- gain the experience, training, contacts and references that may help you find paid employment
- improve your own health, vitality and wellbeing.
- Children and youth
- Conservation and gardening
- Education and mentoring
- Emergency Services
- Arts and culture
- Family support and homelessness
- Indigenous and migrant support
- Recreation, sports and health
- Seniors and disability
Volunteer Involving Organisations (VIOs)
If your organisation or group is looking for volunteers, the Rockingham Volunteer Centre will also be able to assist with:
- finding suitable volunteers
- volunteer management
- volunteer training opportunities.
The Rockingham Volunteer Centre is helping to build a stronger community, contact the RVC to make an appointment or drop in to discuss your groups’ volunteering needs.
This service is free.
For more information about volunteering, or to keep up to date with the latest news of what's happening in the volunteer world, both in WA and Australia wide, visit: