Education awards and scholarships
We offer a range of awards and scholarships to help our residents achieve their goals:
2018 Tertiary Scholarship Scheme winners posing with the Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Tertiary Scholarship Scheme
Round two of the Tertiary Scholarship Scheme (TSS) has now closed.
Information about round one 2022 will be released in late 2021.
Undergraduate University Scholarships
- Up to $10,000 per scholarship equating to $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester) for up to four years or upon completion of your degree, whichever occurs first.
TAFE/VET Diploma Scholarships
- Up to $4,000 per scholarship equating to $2,000 per year ($1,000 per semester) for up to two years or upon completion of your diploma, whichever occurs first.
Applicant eligibility criteria
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- City of Rockingham resident for a minimum of three years at the time of the application being submitted
- aged between 17 - 40 years
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- can demonstrate financial hardship (see definition in application package and/or guidelines)
- must provide a letter of offer or evidence of current enrolment at a nationally recognised University, TAFE/VET provider
- have a minimum of one full semester (six months) of study remaining from the TSS round closing date
- must be completing an Undergraduate University Degree and/or TAFE/VET Diploma for the first time.
Community members seeking financial assistance to pursue their educational goals may find further information through the following organisations: