Education awards and scholarships
We offer a range of awards and scholarships to help our residents achieve their goals:
2018 Tertiary Scholarship Scheme winners posing with the Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Tertiary Scholarship Scheme
Applications for round one are now closed
The City offers two rounds of the Tertiary Scholarship Scheme (TSS) each year. The TSS aims to increase the capacity for local Rockingham residents to complete tertiary education. If you are currently enrolled in, or have received an offer to study an Undergraduate University degree or TAFE/VET diploma, and meet the following eligibility criteria, you are encouraged to apply. Please follow the City’s Facebook page and website for dates and more information regarding round 2 2020.
Please find a copy of the Tertiary Scholarship Scheme Guidelines below for more information on eligibility criteria and scholarship conditions.
Successful TSS applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be a City of Rockingham resident for a minimum of three years at the time of the application
- be aged between 17 and 40 years
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- demonstrate financial hardship
- provide a letter of offer or evidence of current enrolment at a nationally recognised university, TAFE/VET provider
- have a minimum of one full semester (six months) of study remaining from the application round closing date
- must be completing an undergraduate university degree and/or TAFE/VET diploma for the first time.
For further information, please refer to the Tertiary Scholarship Scheme Guidelines below or contact us on 9528 0333 or email email@example.com.
Community members seeking financial assistance to pursue their educational goals may find further information through the following organisations: