Education awards and scholarships
We offer a range of awards and scholarships to help our residents achieve their goals:
2018 Tertiary Scholarship Scheme winners posing with the Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Tertiary Scholarship Scheme
Round two of the Tertiary Scholarship Scheme (TSS) will be open for applications from Friday 18 June. The City invites applications for the TSS from eligible City of Rockingham residents aged 17 - 40 years for funding towards obtaining a tertiary qualification.
The guidelines and application package can be found below. Please note application packages cannot be submitted prior to Friday 18 June.
Scholarship categories available
Undergraduate University Scholarships
- Up to $10,000 per scholarship equating to $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester) for up to four years or upon completion of your degree, whichever occurs first.
TAFE/VET Diploma Scholarships
- Up to $4,000 per scholarship equating to $2,000 per year ($1,000 per semester) for up to two years or upon completion of your diploma, whichever occurs first.
Applicant eligibility criteria
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- City of Rockingham resident for a minimum of three years at the time of the application being submitted
- aged between 17 - 40 years
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- can demonstrate financial hardship (see definition in application package and/or guidelines)
- must provide a letter of offer or evidence of current enrolment at a nationally recognised University, TAFE/VET provider
- have a minimum of one full semester (six months) of study remaining from the TSS round closing date
- must be completing an Undergraduate University Degree and/or TAFE/VET Diploma for the first time.
How to apply
Applications open Friday 18 June and close 4.30pm Friday 9 July. Applicants will only be eligible and assessed if their application package is completed in full and received by the City, along with all required supporting documentation, before the closing date of the scholarship round. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Read the TSS Guidelines to ensure you meet all eligibility and assessment criteria
- Complete the TSS application package
- Submit your completed package to email@example.com with supporting documentation by the closing date. If you have any questions please contact the City via email or phone 9528 0333.
Community members seeking financial assistance to pursue their educational goals may find further information through the following organisations: