Mike Barnett Sports Complex
About the Mike Barnett Sports Complex
The Mike Barnett Sports Complex is one of the region’s most significant leisure facilities and is located on the corner of Dixon Road and Goddard Street in Rockingham. The complex is home to the Rockingham Basketball Recreation Association (RBRA) and Rockingham Districts Netball Association (RDNA).
The complex is open all year around from Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 6pm, and closed on public holidays. For information on weekend availability and after hours bookings, contact the staff at the centre on 9591 0850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The centre has available:
- seven indoor courts split between two sports halls catering for basketball, netball, badminton, volleyball, indoor soccer and floorball.
- show court facilities (including change rooms)
- multipurpose room
- meeting room
- kiosk with a commercial kitchen
- créche (during daytime netball program only)
Court and room hire
In addition to the RBRA and the RDNA significantly using the centre, the facility is hired regularly by school and community groups as well as long-term regular hirers such as Prime Movers and Scorpions Floorball. The centre also hosts one-off bookings by external users for sporting (e.g. martial arts and cheerleading) and non-sporting events (craft or trade expos and fundraising events).
The complex has a variety of options for bookings including the show court, individual and multiple courts, a multipurpose room and a meeting room.
Bookings that are high risk
Some bookings may be regarded as 'high risk'. Where this is the case the City may require the hirer to provide licensed security cover for the duration of the booking. You may also be requested to provide the contact details of the security firm being used for the function. The hirer will also be required to submit a WA Police Party Registration form to the police, so that the details are registered with the local police station.
16th–21st birthday parties are not permitted at the complex.
Hire Fees (prices are in $ per hour and include 10% GST):
|Show court (includes change rooms)
|Courts (per half hour)
|*Regular fees apply to groups who make 10 or more bookings in the financial year (July-June)
- Any department, agency or instrumentality of the State or the Commonwealth or any statutory body;
- Any company or body corporate other than an association incorporated under the Associations Incorporations Act 1987; or
- Any individual intending to use the hired facility for profit or gain.
- Any person or body other than a commercial hirer.
For more information on facility hire, contact the centre on 9591 0850 or email email@example.com.
|Additional fee type
|Additional staff cost per hour
|Casual court hire, person per hour (between 8.30am-5pm)
|School bookings (per person)
|School holiday pass (per person)
The City of Rockingham endeavours to include the whole of the community with facilities and programs adapted to ensure everyone can participate, with suitable access provided throughout the centre.
Inclusion and diversity
All courts are accessible and universally accessible toilets and change rooms are located within easy access of the foyer and courts.
Programs and services
Wednesday morning women's Fast 5 netball
The women's Fast 5 netball competition is held on Wednesday mornings and provides a great level of competition in a relaxed, social atmosphere for players and spectators.
Games are made up of four 10 minute quarters with the first game commencing at 9.30am. Créche facilities are available from 9.15am.
Contact the centre to nominate a team on 9591 0850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The complex provides friendly staff in our créche to engage your child, allowing you to enjoy your netball game.
We cater for children from eight weeks to six years, providing activities that are age appropriate and developmentally stimulating.
To ensure a safe and quality visit, the following guidelines apply:
- parents/guardians must not leave the premises while their child is in our care
- ensure all supplies are provided for your child, i.e. pram, nappies, change of clothes etc.
- all belongings should be clearly labelled
- children must be signed in and out
- children are unable to attend the créche if suffering from a contagious condition, e.g. influenza, ring worm, school sores, conjunctivitis etc.
- during an emergency evacuation, parents must not collect their children from the créche. The staff will escort children to the muster point where they will be reunited with parents/guardians.
Créche staff are available to discuss any of your child's needs.
At present the créche opening hours are Fridays from 9.15am-12pm during the Friday morning womens Fast 5 netball competition.
The kiosk is open during netball and basketball competitions as well as for major bookings. Come and enjoy a variety of food and drinks, including a decent coffee and a box of hot chips and gravy. Enjoy the relaxed environment while catching up with friends during one of the many bookings at the centre.
The centre features quality merchandise including mouthguards, whistles, netball bibs, timers, shorts, available to purchase.