Development contribution plans
Development Contribution Plan No.2 will assist in the funding of community infrastructure by requiring owners to pay a contribution when their land is subdivided or developed. The introduction of developer contributions is provided for by State Planning Policy No.3.6 - Developer Contributions for Infrastructure.
The requirement for contributions are controlled by provisions under the City's Town Planning Scheme No.2.
What is being funded?
The community infrastructure items in the City's Community Infrastructure Plan will be reviewed every five years. The infrastructure items included within the Development Contribution Plan No.2 include:
- Lark Hill Sportsplex Northern Expansion
- Secret Harbour Surf Life Saving Club Redevelopment
- Rockingham Youth Space
- Baldivis District Sportsplex
- Kent Street Community Arts Centre
- Rockingham Youth Venue
- Baldivis Sports and Fitness Centre
- Rockingham Aquatic Centre
- Aqua Jetty Stage 2
- Baldivis Library and Community Centre
- Secret Harbour Community Library
- Baldivis Youth Space
- Stan Twight Reserve Clubroom Extension
- Laurie Stanford Reserve Clubroom Development
- Eighty Road Reserve Clubroom and Lights
- Baldivis South Youth Space
- Waikiki / Warnbro Youth Space
- Port Kennedy Outdoor Courts
- Rhonda Scarrott Reserve Clubroom Development
- Baldivis South Reserve Development
- Baldivis South Community Centre
- Baldivis South Outdoor Courts
- Baldivis Primary Shared Use Reserve
Why does the City require development contributions?
The total cost of providing the community infrastructure has been estimated at about $160 million dollars. Development contributions will assist in providing high quality community facilities as early as possible, to meet the expectations of new and existing residents.
When are contributions required?
Contributions are applicable to land in Development Contribution Area No.2
Contributions are only required when a subdivision* or development including dwellings occurs, and will typically be payable before the clearance of conditions of subdivision approval, or before construction of a dwelling/s commencing.
*Contributions are only payable for the subdivision of land in Primary City Centre, Waterfront Village, Baldivis Town Centre, Residential, Rural, Special Rural, Special Residential and Development zones.
How much are contributions?
||Cost per dwelling*
| Safety Bay
| Baldivis North
| Baldivis South
*These costs have been rounded to the nearest dollar.
- The Council endorsed Cost Appointment Schedule in the Development Contribution Plan Report, sets out the cost estimates incurred for administrative and community infrastructure as listed in the Development Contribution Plan No.2.
- These costs estimates will be reviewed at least annually to reflect any changes to funding and development growth rates.
- Grant Thornton Australia has carried out an external audit on the City's Statement of Income and Expenditure of the Development Contribution of Infrastructure for the years ended 30 June 2011 to 30 June 2015. The City has presented the information fairly and in accordance with the Development Contribution of Infrastructure guidelines.
back to top