Rubbish and recycling collection
Using your bins
* The 2017/2018 Bin Collection Flyer will be available mid-June. A copy will be posted to residents.
New or Broken Bins
To obtain a new bin or to have your bin repaired, please contact the City on 9528 0333. Please allow 7 days for your new bin to be available.
Bin delivery days:
Wednesdays - Baldivis, Karnup (including Vista Estate), Secret Harbour, Golden Bay and Singleton.
Fridays - Rockingham, Hillman, Cooloongup, Shoalwater, Safety Bay, Waikiki, Warnbro and Port Kennedy.
Bins belong to the City of Rockingham and should not be removed from the property.
Change your bin service
Owners of a property (ratepayers) can change their waste service by requesting an additional bin or cancelling an additional service, by filling out one of the below forms:
back to top
New collection service
Currently the standard residential bin service is a 240-litre dark green-lidded waste bin and a 240-litre yellow-lidded recycling bin. Through the Waste Authority’s Better Bin program, the City aims to increase its recycling to exceed state recovery targets of 65% of 2020 by upgrading the bin service to include a:
- 360-litre recycling bin (yellow lid), collected fortnightly
- 240-litre green waste bin (lime green lid), collected on the alternative fortnight to recycling
- 140-litre waste bin (red lid), collected weekly
The new collection system will divert additional recyclables and green waste from landfill. The partial roll out has already begun with new and replacement services receiving the 140-litre red-lidded waste bin and the 360-litre yellow-lidded recycling bin.
The upgrade will begin in May, with the new green waste bin (lime green lid) starting 26 June 2017.
What do residents need to do during the upgrade?
The changeover will begin from 1 May until then end of June. With 50,000 residential properties within the City, the upgrade will take some time and require the assistance of residents for a smooth transition.
From 1 May residents should:
- Every recycling day, place both the old recycling and rubbish bin on the kerb for collection.
- The trucks will empty the bins.
- Leave the bins on the kerb until 6pm that evening for the contractors to access the bins.
- If the contractors cant visit the first time, they will be around one more time the next fortnight. Please keep on placing both bins out on recycling day until your upgrade is complete.
Once the bins have been upgraded
Once the bins have been upgraded, continue using the waste bin (red lid) and recycling bin (yellow lid) as normal. Bin days have not changed.
The new green waste bin collection starts on 26 June 2017. Residents will receive an instructional flyer.
See the Frequently Asked Questions below or email the City with any questions.
back to top