Community Support Services
How we can help
The City of Rockingham Community Support Services provides support to vulnerable local people in the community. We do this by:
- Providing information sessions and community events on important issues such as suicidal thoughts, homelessness, mental health, family and domestic violence, substance abuse, elder abuse, reducing poverty and social isolation.
- Addressing social isolation in the community by helping people to connect with their local community through programs such as Rockingham Connect, Pop Up Communities, Social Connector Luncheon Group, Baldivis Bookclub, and Pop-Up Communities Seniors.
- Advocating state and federal government for a more even distribution of facilities, services and funding for not-for-profit support organisations that provide services to vulnerable people.
- Chairing the Kwinana Rockingham Action for Today's Youth (KRAFTY), Community Support Service Provider (CSSP), Rockingham/Kwinana Family and Domestic Violence (FDV), and Rockingham/Kwinana Homelessness Interagency Group (RKHIG) meetings, where all Community Support Service Providers share information, form partnerships and advocate providing optimum services for vulnerable communities.
Anti-Poverty Week Event – Free Event
Tuesday 17 October 2017
Do you struggle day to day? Do you want to know how to manage your finances better? The City of Rockingham is hosting its annual Anti-Poverty Week event, with presentations from the Water Corporation on water conservation tip and from Chaston Financial Solutions on money saving, budgeting, creating a simple life financial plan, and how to audit your spending.
There will also be local agencies providing information and answering any questions you might have. Don’t forget to hang around for the free lunch and coffee.
Places are limited for the Water Corporation and Chaston Financial Solutions presentations so please book your place by contacting email@example.com or 9528 0333.
back to top
Child Protection Week Workshops
3-9 September 2017
Child Protection Week – Free Events
- Monday 4 September 2017: 10am-12pm, Rockingham Library, Dixon Road, Rockingham
- Monday 4 September 2017: 6pm-8pm, Rockingham Library, Dixon Road, Rockingham
- Tuesday 5 September 2017: 10am-12pm Mary Davies Library and Community Centre, 17 Settlers Ave, Baldivis
- Saturday 9 September 2017: 9am-11am Quest Rockingham, 27 Flinders Lane, Rockingham
Are you a parent or carer? Would you like information on how to be pro-active to gain the knowledge on how to keep your children safe? The City of Rockingham is hosting four free workshops for parents and carers throughout Child Protection Week. If you would like to register for one of the workshops please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9528 0333. Places are limited.
National Day of Action Against Bullying and Violence
Friday 17 March 2017 was National Day of Action Against Bullying and Violence. This day is Australia's largest anti-bullying campaign and provides opportunities for students to share their own anti-bullying message in the community.
Their messages, pictured below, were displayed at the Rockingham Library, Rockingham Shopping Centre, Mary Davies Library and Community Centre, and Safety Bay Library.
Social Connector Program
Social Connector Luncheon Group
Don’t have plans on the second Monday of each month? Want to get out and meet new people in Rockingham and try out fantastic food at local restaurants and cafes? All you need is a spare two hours a month from 12pm to 2pm. Anyone can attend and transport is available for those who meet the eligibility criteria.
For further information or to book in please call 9528 0333 or email email@example.com.