Community Support Services
How we can help
The City of Rockingham Community Support Services provides support to vulnerable local people in the community. We do this by:
- Providing information sessions and community events on important issues such as suicidal thoughts, homelessness, mental health, family and domestic violence, substance abuse, elder abuse, reducing poverty and social isolation.
- Addressing social isolation in the community by helping people to connect with their local community through programs such as Rockingham Connect, Pop Up Communities, Social Connector Luncheon Group, Baldivis Bookclub, and Pop-Up Communities Seniors.
- Advocating state and federal government for a more even distribution of facilities, services and funding for not-for-profit support organisations, which provide services to vulnerable people.
- Chairing the Kwinana Rockingham Action for Today's Youth (KRAFTY), Community Support Service Provider (CSSP), Rockingham/Kwinana Family and Domestic Violence (FDV), and Rockingham/Kwinana Homelessness Interagency Group (RKHIG) meetings, where all Community Support Service Providers share information, form partnerships and advocate providing optimum services for vulnerable communities.
- The City has a Community Support Services Directory, which is a resource for residents and support workers. It contains the contact details for local support services and agencies and includes information about:
- employment, education and training
- domestic violence
- legal issues
- community support services (counselling, children, youth and family support)
- mental health
- emergency relief and financial support
- youth and community groups.
The directory is available online and as a hard copy from the City's libraries and administration building on Civic Boulevard, Rockingham.
Information in the directory was correct at the time of publication. New or updated service information can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Community Support Services Officer on: 9528 0333.
Social Connector Program
Social Connector Luncheon Group
Don’t have plans on the second Monday of each month? Want to get out and meet new people in Rockingham and try out fantastic food at local restaurants and cafes? All you need is a spare two hours a month from 12pm to 2pm. Anyone can attend and transport is available for those who meet the eligibility criteria.
For further information or to book in please call 9528 0333 or email email@example.com.
Child Protection Workshops
Are you a parent or carer? Would you like information on how to be pro-active to gain the knowledge on how to keep your children safe? The City of Rockingham hosts free workshops for parents and carers during Child Protection Week which runs from 2-8 September 2018 and also now has been expanded to an extra two workshops in the first half of the year. Registrations and further details on the 2018 workshops are on the flyer below. Creche is avaliable only via RSVP.