Mersey Point Jetty
Arcadia Drive, Shoalwater
The new jetty footprint site was determined based upon coastal monitoring at Mersey Point over the past three years. Monitoring identified the most suitable and stable area of foreshore and seabed for construction which was located 150m north of the old timber jetty's location.
The project was funded by the City of Rockingham and Tourism, Western Australia. The commercial ferry operator located at Mersey Point will reimburse a percentage of the capital costs over a number of years as part of its agreement to use the new jetty.
$1.9 million was included in the 2017/2018 Annual Budget.
Scope of Works
The construction of a new jetty 150m north of the existing timber jetty location involved:
• construction of a new concrete jetty superstructure on steel piles
• lower level landing for short term recreational boating vessel berthing
• fender piles for commercial ferry operations
• new concrete footpath access from car park to jetty approach
• new shelter construction at jetty approach
• beach access paths on both sides of the jetty.
Construction of Mersey Point Jetty commenced October 2017.
Mersey Point Jetty reached practical completion 23 February 2018.