Get active outdoors
Outdoor gym equipment
The City of Rockingham has several purpose-built outdoor gym equipment locations that are free to use and available all year round.
These gyms are located at City Park Rockingham, Safety Bay Foreshore near Malibu Road roundabout and Arcadia Drive, Shoalwater at Lions Park, Ennis Avenue Reserve in Hillman, Stillwater Drive in Baldivis and Harmony Park in Singleton.
- City Park equipment involves three stations spread around the lake with two or three different exercises at each station.
- Safety Bay Foreshore equipment near Malibu Road roundabout consists mainly of fixed equipment in the one location.
- Safety Bay Arcadia Drive consists of three stations with four pieces of equipment at two stations and the third station designed for stretching.
- Shoalwater Lions Park equipment consists of two state of the art fitness stations with five pieces of equipment at both stations.
- Ennis Avenue Reserve equipment consists of four stations with two pieces of equipment at each station.
- Stillwater Drive equipment consists of three fixed equipment pieces in the one location.
- Tranby Reserve equipment consists of six fixed equipment pieces along the perimeter of the oval.
- Baldivis Park equipment consists of two stations with two pieces of equipment at each station.
- Harmony Park equipment involves three stations spread around the lake with three different exercises at each station.
There are a range of free walking groups within Rockingham at a variety of locations.
||Churchill Park, Rockingham Foreshore near the Granite Ball (Flinders Lane Car Park)
||Rhiarn - 9528 0435
|Rockingham Senior Recreation Council Pole Walking
(Cnr Patterson Road and Flinders Lane)
|Ginette - 9592 4842
|Rockingham Walking for Health and Fitness
||Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday 8am
||Various locations around Rockingham (Safety Bay Yacht Club, Waikiki Beach, Warnbro Beach, Rockingham Beach, Shoalwater Shopping Centre)
||Jenny – 0408 974 112
|Harbour Family Chriopractic Walking Club
||Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am
||Secret Harbour (Secret Harbour Anglincan Church) and Safety Bay (Pengo's Cafe)
||Nikki - 0424 126 055
|Orange Walks & Talks
||Autumn Centre (227 McNicholl Street)
||Karen - 9591 3011
|Warnbro Sound Walkers
||Waikiki Beach Car Park Gazebo (Cnr Safety Bay Road and Warnbro Beach Road)
|Baldivis Pole Walking Group
|Arpenteur Park (Settlers Hills Oval Grandstand, Arpenteur Drive, Baldivis)
||Gerry - 0499 988 073
Tony- 0432 365 056
|Secret Harbour Walking Group
||Secret Harbour School Oval near underpass to shops
||Katie - 0439 806 142
|Mum and Bubs Walking Group
||Rockingham Foreshore (Cnr Val St and Esplanade)
||Rhiarn - 9528 0435
back to top
Community Bike Ride
Each year the City holds a community bike ride to celebrate Bike Week.
The 2018 Community Breakfast Bike Ride will be held on Sunday 25 March along the stunning Rockingham coastline, starting at Long Point, Port Kennedy. This year there will be three cycle distances – a 5km smooth and easy ride, a challenging 11km ride and a new challenge of 19km. Riders will regsiter from 8am with the first wave taking off at 8.30am.
All three routes will head out along the Rockingham coast shared path starting and finishing at Long Point, Port Kennedy.
5km riders will turn aound at Cote D'Azur gardens.
11km riders will turn around using Fendham street.
19km riders will turn around near the Safety Bay Yacht club.
The ride will be followed by a free breakfast, free bike maintenance checks and children's activities including a bouncy castle, face painting, giant games, prizes and giveaways.
Registrations for the 2018 Community Breakfast Ride are essential. Follow the link below to register.
back to top