Draft Sustainability Strategy
Planning for a sustainable future
The City has prepared a Sustainability Strategy which aims to provide a framework for working towards a healthy and sustainable City for future generations.
The strategy outlines how the City will improve in its own operations and also how it will lead, engage and collaborate with others along the way.
It is driven by five overarching objectives:
- Improve the City’s environmental performance and practices
- Integrate sustainability into the planning and delivery of infrastructure, services, facilities and planning functions
- Ensure the City is resilient to a changing climate
- Protect and enhance the local natural environment and
- Support the community to adopt sustainable practices.
The draft strategy presents key issues and identifies actions according to five elements:
|Element 1||Element 2 ||Element 3||Element 4||Element 5|
|Energy and Emissions||Waste and Resources||Water||Health and Nature||Education and Engagement|
Share your thoughts now
You can provide your feedback on the draft strategy in several ways:
Submissions close at 4.30pm on 7 January 2020.
For further information contact Sustainability Officer Emma Saikovski on 9528 0333.