Rockingham Recovery: Home buyers
The City of Rockingham COVID-19 Local Recovery Coordination Group (LRCG) is continuing to support the implementation of the State Government's COVID-19 WA Recovery Plan.
The following opportunities are available for home buyers and home owners.
Buying or renovating
- Building Bonus grants of $20,000 are available from the State Government for people who enter into a contract to build a new home on vacant land or purchase a new home being constructed under a single-tier development on a strata plan or other land survey type.
- The State Government also offers a first home owner grant which is a one-off payment to assist first home buyers to buy or build a residential property for use as their principal place of residence.
- The Australian Government's HomeBuilder grant provides eligible owner-occupiers with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home, substantially renovate an existing home or purchase a new home off-the-plan.
- The Off-the-Plan Duty Rebate Scheme has been expanded to provide a rebate of duty paid, up to $25,000, to owner-occupiers and investors who purchase of an off-the-plan dwelling in a multi-tiered development that is under construction; and sign a contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- The Social Housing Economic Recovery Package (SHERP) has been developed to provide for more social housing for the most vulnerable people in the community.
- Properties in Perth's southern suburbs are in demand because of their affordability. Find out the latest Perth property market snapshot on the REIWA website.