Rockingham Recovery: Financial assistance and hardship
The City of Rockingham COVID-19 Local Recovery Coordination Group (LRCG) is continuing to support the implementation of the State Government's COVID-19 WA Recovery Plan.
Support for households struggling with managing their bills is available.
The State Government has introduced the following measures to provide relief to Western Australian families to respond to COVID-19:
- a freeze on increases to all household tariffs, fees and charges effective 1 July 2020
- doubling of the Energy Assistance Payment in 2020/2021 to $610, to provide additional support to vulnerable Western Australians
- no utility disconnections
- alternative tax payment arrangements
- help for Keystart customers experiencing hardship
- payments in response to COVID-19 won’t be included in eligibility assessments or rent calculations for social housing.
- The Western Australian Council of Social Service has a number of support services available.
- WAConnect also offers a portal for emergency relief services for both individuals seeking assistance and organisations delivering local services.
For more information on these measures visit the State Governments's Household support information.
The Financial Counsellors' Association of WA can also provide advice on managing financial hardship.
If you are experiencing difficulty paying your rates, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9528 0333 to find out what options are available.
City of Rockingham Low Income Subsidy Scheme
The City offers subsidies to adults and seniors on low-income to assist them to feel safer, more secure and connected. Three subsidy types are currently available under our Low Income Subsidy Scheme, with up to $150 available under each subsidy type:
- Safety: To assist adults to make their homes safer and more secure.
- Home Modification or Assistive Equipment: To assist seniors to manage their everyday tasks and remain in their own home longer.
- Information Technology: To assist seniors to become more connected to friends, family, resources and information.
Visit Low Income Subsidy Scheme for more information.