Community Update from the Mayor
Date29 June 2021
The latest lockdown introduced by the State Government is anticipated to finish at 12.01am on Saturday 3 July 2021.
Until then, the following measures are in place in the City of Rockingham:
- All essential services will continue and your bin collection day remains the same.
- All of the City’s facilities including parks, playgrounds, skate parks and dog parks are closed for the duration.
- The City’s Administration Building is closed to walk-in customers, but our customer service centre is still responding to phone calls and emails. Library staff will also continue to respond to customer calls and emails, and our community has access to many services online.
- All community programs and events have been cancelled.
- Pool and spa barrier inspections will be postponed.
- The landfill is closed (except for commercial waste).
Masks are now mandatory except while at home, during vigorous outdoor exercise and while in a vehicle with members of your own household. If you are out shopping for essentials then we encourage you to support local businesses by shopping local and buying local, bearing in mind the State has introduced a 5km limit (where practicable) on travel for essentials.
Maintaining physical distance, good hygiene and utilising the SafeWA app is more important than ever right now, so if you are out in the community for one of the essential reasons, please remember to check in. It could prove to be crucial in the contact tracing process a bit further down the track.
The health and safety of the community is our top priority. Going forward, the City will continue to take advice from the State Government and the WA Department of Health. You can stay in touch with the latest COVID-19 information from the WA Government by visiting Coronavirus latest updates.
I also encourage you to continue checking the Healthy WA Website to keep up to date with the list of exposure sites.
During the lockdown you can still get in contact with the City by calling us on 9528 0333, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by following us on Facebook. For the full list of services and to keep up with the latest information and updates from the City please visit COVID-19 information and Updates.
As always, please stay healthy and stay safe.
City of Rockingham Mayor