Town Planning Scheme Amendment No.177
Amend Additional Use 8 to Medical Centre, and to include Lot 325 Cygnus Street, Rockingham
We have received a request to amend our Town Planning Scheme No.2 (Scheme text and map) as follows:
(i) Amend Additional Use No.8 in Schedule 2 to include changes as follows:
|No.||Site Description||Additional Use||Special Conditions|
|A8||Lot 324 Cnr Cygnus and Read Street, Rockingham and Lot 325 Cygnus Street, Rockingham||Medical Centre||Not applicable|
(ii) Amend the Scheme Maps accordingly.
The property at No.101 Read Street was:
- previously approved for use as a 'Doctors' Surgery and House'
- was subsequently approved for use as 'Consulting Rooms'
- permitted to use the existing service road located on the Read Street road reserve for access to the car parking area located on the eastern side of the site.
The property at No.4 Cygnus Street contains a single house.
The applicant has advised the City that the existing premises are not up to current standard, and new purpose-built premises are required. In support of the scheme amendment, the applicant has submitted concept plans for the proposed re-development of the site. The effect of the proposed amendment, if gazetted, could allow an application for development approval to be lodged that would allow the:
- demolition of the buildings from No.101 Read Street and No.4 Cygnus Street;
- construction of a new medical centre over the two sites;
- staging of the proposed development to allow the medical centre to operate as long as possible; and
- rationalisation of the existing access points/car parking areas.
The scheme amendment document setting out and explaining the details of the proposed changes to Town Planning Scheme No.2, with concept plans submitted in support of the scheme amendment, are available below and at our Administration Building at Civic Boulevard, Rockingham between 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Share your thoughts now
You can provide your feedback on this amendment:
Written submissions on the amendment may be made in writing and lodged with the Chief Executive Officer, and be received by no later than 19 December 2019.
Please note that any written submission received in response to this invitation may be placed on the public record and be available for inspection.