Structure Plan - Stakehill Road, Karnup
We have received an application seeking approval of a Structure Plan over Lots 877 and 878 Stakehill Road, Karnup.
The proposed Structure Plan contains the following elements:
- A Neighbourhood Activity Centre along Stakehill Road, at the proposed central entry road into the development, providing a total floor area of 5,500m2 net lettable area (NLA) comprising the following indicative land uses:
- medical centre/pharmacy (1,100m2 NLA)
- service station/convenience store (350m2 NLA)
- liquor store (600m2 NLA)
- child care centre (600m2 NLA)
- three fast food outlets (total 750m2 or 250m2 each NLA)
- hardware store (800m2 NLA)
- veterinary clinic/hospital (350m2 NLA)
- learning and wellbeing / health studio / dance studio (800m2 NLA)
- Residential Densities ranging from R25 to R40 and distributed across the structure plan area in the following manner:
- R25 (average 350m2 lot size) density applied as the base coding across the Structure Plan area
- R30 (average 300m2 lot size) and R40 (average 220m2) densities to be applied over lots that
- have a boundary directly opposite or abutting public open space and/or Bush Forever; and/or
- have rear access from a laneway; and/or
- are within 400m of service commercial or commercial land uses.
- The provision of 3.54ha towards Public Open Space
- The proposed retention of 6.36ha of Bush Forever site 278B, which is subject to a future planning process to reach a negotiated planning solution agreement between the applicant and the Western Australian Planning Commission.
- Two road connections onto Stakehill Road, with an emergency access to the west, along Cassia Drive.
Plans and documents setting out and explaining the structure plan are available below.
Share your thoughts
You can provide your feedback on the proposed Structure Plan:
Submissions close at 4.30pm on Tuesday 1 June 2021.
Please note that any written submission received in response to this invitation may be placed on the public record and be available for inspection.
The structure plan is being advertised to seek public comment on the proposal and does not indicate any formal support of the proposal by the City or the Western Australian Planning Commission.