Mixed Commercial Development - Safety Bay
We have received an application seeking Development Approval for a Mixed Commercial Development at Lot 100 (No.434) Safety Bay Road, Safety Bay.
The application comprises of four ‘parcels’ of development as follows:
- Parcel 1 – Child care centre (82 places)
- Parcel 2 – Medical centre, health studio (gymnasium), consulting rooms (physiotherapy); a pharmacy, three speciality shops and a café tenancy
- Parcel 3 – Tavern
- Parcel 4 – Vacant site, identified for future residential (not a part of this application)
- Vehicle access is proposed from Safety Bay Road and Malibu Road
- Associated advertising signage, car parking and landscaping.
Plans and supporting information are available below.
In accordance with the Approvals and Related Reforms (No.4) (Planning) Act 2010, the application is required to be determined by the Metro Outer Joint Development Assessment Panel.
The City will provide its recommendations and forward any submissions received to the DAP Secretariat. The application will then be considered at an upcoming JDAP meeting. These meetings are open to the public. All submitters will be notified of the scheduled meeting dates.
Share your thoughts
We invite you to provide your comments on this proposal:
Submissions close 4.30pm on 12 October 2023.
Please note any written submission received in response to this invitation, including the address of the party that made the submission, will be placed on the public record and be available for inspection.