The City has initiated the above Scheme Amendment to amend Town Planning Scheme No.2 (TPS2) for the purpose of correcting minor errors, omissions or changes required in the Scheme Text and Scheme Maps.
The following is a summary of the nine proposed changes to TPS2:
- Amending Table No.2 Car Parking Table to include car parking standards for 'Motor Vehicle and Marine Sales Premises', 'Nursing Home' and 'Educational Establishment';
- Amending Table No.2 Car Parking Table to include the words "including outdoor venue areas" in the minimum car parking standards for 'Recreation - Private' and 'Reception Centre' land uses;
- Re-number four clauses in Schedule A - Supplemental Provisions to the Deemed Provisions;
- Include the land use 'Holiday House' in Table No.1 - Zoning Table;
- Change the land use permissibility in Table No.1 - Zoning Table of 'Serviced Apartment' in the Residential zone from a prohibited (X) use to a discretionary (A) use;
- Include the land use interpretation of a 'Resource Recovery Centre' in Schedule No.1 (2) - Land Use Interpretations, and amend Table No.1 - Zoning Table tp include the land use 'Resource Recovery Centre'. Insert a new clause 4.2.4 relating to a 'Resource Recovery Centre' within the 'Development' zone;
- Amend the 'R5/20' and 'R5/40' dual density coding for areas of Rockingham, Warnbro (North and South), Golden Bay and Singleton, to delete the 'R5' density;
- Remove clauses 4.16.1 and 4.16.2 in their entirety and remove the land use of 'Home Occupation' from Table No.1 - Zoning Table; and
- Insert a new land use interpretation for a 'Brewery - Production' use within Schedule No.1 (2) - Land Use Interpretations, and amend Table No.1 - Zoning Table to include a 'Brewery - Production' use.
The Scheme Amendment Report setting out the details of the proposed changes to Town Planning Scheme No.2 is available below.