Rockingham Beach Foreshore Access and Inclusion Upgrades
- Major infrastructure projects
We are undertaking several access and inclusion upgrades at the Rockingham Foreshore.
We will be undertaking various works at the Rockingham Foreshore to improve our facilities.
The following works are planned:
- construction of a changing place toilet
- new centralised access path
- park shelter and associated park furniture asset renewals and relocations
- new playground installations.
Construction of Changing Place Reserve Infrastructure Replacements
This project is for the City’s first Changing Place which provides suitable facilities for people who cannot use standard accessible toilets.
Changing Place toilets provide:
- A height-adjustable adult-sized change table
- A constant-charging ceiling track hoist system
- Centrally-located peninsula toilet
- Privacy screen and additional circulation space to meet the needs of people with complex disabilities and their carers.
This project is currently in the planning and design phase. The anticipated completion date is currently late 2023 to early 2024.
As part of the City’s Asset Renewal Program and access and inclusion upgrades, works are scheduled to start within Bell and Churchill Reserves on the Rockingham Foreshore from Monday 27 March. These works are aligned with the Rockingham Beach Foreshore Master Plan.
The works will be delivered in stages to limit the impact on users. Limited parking restrictions will apply.
- New centralised access path
- The removal of fenced playground
- Replacement of universal drinking fountains
- Relocation of selected beach showers
- Replacement of existing barbecues with new accessible barbecues
- Replacement of reserve shelters and associated picnic furniture
- The installation of a new nature play area
- The installation of two new play areas, each with rubber softfall and shade
Flinders Lane Car Park Closure
As part of the Stage 1 works, the Flinders Lane car park will be closed on weekdays from 6am to 4pm. The works are occuring from 1 May and traffic management will be in place. Other parking is available in the area. View our handy foreshore parking map below.
A portion of the reserve adjacent to the foreshore reserve will be impacted from time to time, with temporary fencing and barricades restricting access to certain areas.
We ask that residents follow these safety guidelines while works are being done:
- Do not enter the restricted areas of the reserve during works and out of hours.
- Do not approach plant operators for conversation. There are many hazards, which place the worker, yourself and others at risk.
- Do not stop the workers from performing their duties as this could result in unnecessary delays and place you at risk.
- Be aware of you own surroundings and keep dogs on leads at all times.
- Follow the instructions of the on-ground staff.
Reserve Infrastructure Replacements - Stage 1
March - June 2023
Reserve Infrastructure Replacements - Stage 2
Mid to late 2023
Reserve Infrastructure Replacements - Stage 3
Mid to late 2023
Changing Place - Planning and Design
Changing Place - Construction