We have begun construction of the Baldivis Indoor Sports Complex, the main pavilion, changerooms and maintenance shed, as well as some of the landscaping. Here's the update for what's happening in September:
Overall Site Works
- Footpath around indoor sports complex complete
- Progressing with landscaping including:
- installation of mulch
- planting of shrubbery and trees
- installation of turf
- installation of park furniture including bins, bollards, and drink fountains
- Asphalt on central car park completed
- Line marking and signage installed on central car park
- Installation of site wayfinding signage
Indoor Sports Complex
- Commenced external painting
- Commenced installation of doors
- Commenced installation of sports court flooring
Outdoor Hardcourts and Junior Pavilion
- Finalisation of design development and specification
- Completion of pre-tender estimate
- Commenced internal review of final documentation
Baldivis Outdoor Recreation Space
- Preparation of Detailed Design documentation
- Consultation with City’s Skate Reference Group regarding the technical skate park design
Civil works have been completed including all site earthworks, the installation of utility services, the completion of the dual use perimeter path, several internal roads and car parks, along with preparation of the building pads.
The perimeter site fencing has been completed along with the fencing to the conservation area. The fencing to the conservation area will protect the thousands of native tube stock planted over the past year.
The irrigation installed has been designed to enable effective and efficient watering of the site through a process known as hydro-zoning. Using this method the City is able to save water while maintaining playing surfaces to a high standard.
In total, eight hectares of turf was laid in February 2021.
Stage 1 landscaping
Stage 1 landscaping works have been completed which includes Eighty Road verge landscaping, northern and south west oval retaining wall, the northern boundry landscaping, and turf infill to the primary oval.
Southern car park
Works for the southern car park are now complete. This car park includes around 200 parking bays.
Main Pavilion, changerooms, maintenance shed
Practical Completion achieved in 23 August 2022. Northern temporary fence to be removed in early October.