Rockingham Recovery: Planning and development
The City of Rockingham COVID-19 Local Recovery Coordination Group (LRCG) is continuing to support the implementation of the State Government's COVID-19 WA Recovery Plan. The following planning reforms and development announcements have been made that will impact the City of Rockingham:
- The Minister for Planning has issued a notice for various planning exemptions during the State of Emergency. The State Government has also announced major planning reforms to stimulate economic growth to assist with the COVID-19 recovery. Learn more on our Development applications page.
- A new portal, Environmental Online, is also being developed through $20 million in WA and Australian Government funding. The portal will reduce approval processes by 6 to 12 months.
- State Government funding of $20 million was announced towards the construction of the Baldivis Indoor Recreation Centre and Aqua Jetty Stage Two.
- The State Government is also investing significantly in new energy technologies to expand the state’s renewable hydrogen industry and generate opportunities in renewable technologies. This will include the installation of new solar panels on Rockingham, Wellard and Warnbro train stations.
- Investment in education resulted in new schools being built at Baldivis North and Baldivis South (Parkland Heights)
- State Government funding of $650,000 was announced towards Point Peron coastal management including sand management and spur groyne refurbishment construction works.