Rockingham Recovery: Housing
Home buyers and owners
The City of Rockingham COVID-19 Local Recovery Coordination Group (LRCG) is continuing to support the implementation of the State Government's COVID-19 WA Recovery Plan.
The following opportunities are available for home buyers and home owners.
Buying or renovating
- Building Bonus grants of $20,000 are available from the State Government for people who entered into a contract to build a new home on vacant land or purchased a new home being constructed under a single-tier development on a strata plan or other land survey type. The contract must have been entered into between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- The State Government also offers a first home owner grant which is a one-off payment to assist first home buyers to buy or build a residential property for use as their principal place of residence.
- A grant from the Home Buyers Assistance Account reimburses some of the incidental expenses incurred in connection with the purchase of a first home in Western Australia, provided the applicants meet all criteria. Eligible applicants receive a grant of up to $2,000.
- The Off-the-Plan Duty Rebate Scheme has been expanded to provide a rebate of duty paid, up to $50,000, to owner-occupiers and investors who purchase of an off-the-plan dwelling in a multi-tiered development that is under construction. The contract must be dated between 23 October 2019 and 24 October 2023.
- The Social Housing Economic Recovery Package (SHERP) has been developed to provide for more social housing for the most vulnerable people in the community.
- Properties in Perth's southern suburbs are in demand because of their affordability. Find out the latest Perth property market snapshot on the REIWA website.
There are a range of other agencies and organisations where residents can get advice and support specifically relating to tenancy including: