Physical activity guidelines
See the table below for the level of physical activity recommended according to age.
|Age||National Australian Physical Activity Recommendations|
- Move and play every day.
- 1-5 years olds should be physically active every day for at least three hours (spread throughout the day).
- Accumulating 60 minutes or more of moderate to vigorous physical activity per day involving mainly aerobic activities.
- Several hours of a variety of light physical activities.
- Activities that are vigorous, as well as those that strengthen muscle and bone should be incorporated at least three days per week (this may include body weight or weight training exercise).
Be active on most, or preferably all days of the week.
- 150 minutes to 300 minutes per week of moderate intensity physical activity
- 75 minutes to 150 minutes of vigorous intensity physical activity will help improve blood pressure, cholesterol, heart health, as well as muscle and bone strength.
- Muscle strengthening activities on at least two days a week.
Free ways to get active
There are many free or low cost ways to get active in Rockingham.
To find out about more ways to get active in the City of Rockingham, see sports and hobbies.