Rockingham Foreshore will light up at the official launch of the City’s Christmas lights display on Friday 8 December from 5pm - 8.30pm.
There will be lots of festive fun for the whole family, including:
- Christmas lights at 8pm
- music and dance entertainment on stage with accessible viewing areas
- spectacular synthetic ice rink suitable for skaters aged 5 years and over (also open on Saturday 9 December 9am – 8pm and Sunday 10 December 9am – 6pm)
- visit from Santa (you can also see him at the Foreshore on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 December, 10am – 5pm)
- roaming entertainment
- sensory-friendly chill-out zone space with sensory activities and noise-cancelling headphones
- free children's craft activities, including Christmas light cookies, and cards to decorate and take home
- market stalls with local crafters showcasing their Christmas goodies
- snow pit to play in
- and a variety of food vendors to choose from.
If coming by car, see our helpful parking map. Limited additional parking will be available at the Village Green from 4.30pm until full. Additional 555 bus services will be available. Visit the Transperth website to plan your journey.
A photographer is in attendance at this event capturing images for future City of Rockingham marketing and promotion.
The Christmas Lights Launch is one of the City's major annual events and part of our Summer Series, a program of free entry, family-friendly events. The Summer Series provides an opportunity for the Rockingham community to connect and engage in fun, outdoor activities during the summer season.
Visitors to these events are encouraged not to smoke, vape or drink alcohol.
With thanks to our supporter Lotterywest.