Baldivis South Community Centre
The City's Community Infrastructure Plan (CIP) identified that, due to forecast population growth and the current use of Mary Davies Library and Community Centre, an additional community centre was needed in Baldivis.
The concept design was developed to provide flexible spaces, and be suitable for the young family demographic that makes up a large proportion of Baldivis residents.
Construction of the $3.5 million project was completed in March 2019. The project was funded by the City of Rockingham, with generous support from Lotterywest.
Baldivis South Community Centre is a neighbourhood level facility that includes:
- multipurpose hall
- two activity rooms
- consultation and counselling room
- toilet facilities including male and female, unisex accessible, a parenting room, and children's toilets
- storage; and
- cleaner's store.
Community consultation on the concept design occurred in June 2017, and the outcomes were used to review and produce the final concept design, which was endorsed by Council on 25 July 2017.
Construction started in June 2018, and was completed in March 2019.
The facility will be available for bookings from mid-April 2019.
The Baldivis South Community Centre contains a number of spaces available for the community to hire.
The spaces include:
- Banksia Hall
- Main Hall - Maximum capacity of 150 people
- The largest of the rooms, with direct access to the kitchen facility and rear outdoor areas
- Grevillea Room
- Activity Room 1 - Maximum capacity of 50 people
- A large multifunctional space at the front of the centre, which can be used as a breakout room for the Banksia Hall or as a space on its own
- Paperbark Room
- Activity Room 2 - Maximum capacity of 50 people
- This space is ideal for children's activities, with direct access to the fenced and shaded outdoor playground. This space also has children's sized toilets.
- Sheoak Room
- This is a comfortably furnished smaller space ideal for consultation or counselling
To submit an expression of interest for booking, please complete the form below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 9591 0800.
For any other enquiries please contact the City on 9528 0333 or email@example.com.