Singleton Sports and Community Centre
The Singleton Sports and Community Centre is on Cavender Street, Singleton, and is used by various community groups including tennis, bowls, cricket, soccer and AFL.
Scope of works
The community hall was redeveloped and extended to include the following rooms:
- main hall with kitchen and servery
- club hall with kitchen and bar/servery
- meeting room
- male, female and universally accessible toilet facilities (including adult change table and hoist)
- home, away and umpires' change rooms
- first aid room
- external universal access toilet
- store rooms.
The old Singleton Hall was demolished towards the end of the project to allow for access and parking to the new building.
Construction began on the Singleton Sports and Community Centre in February 2016.
The project was completed in late July, and the building was officially opened on 14 August 2017.
This project was funded by the City of Rockingham (developer contribution scheme), with support from the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries through the Community Sport and Recreation Facilities Fund (CSRFF).