Rockingham 19° 13 °

Street trading and markets

Page index


Sausage sizzles, barbecues and other low risk food stalls are a popular way to raise money for charities and community organisations. However, in order to prevent incidents of food borne illness, it is essential that food is handled in a safe and hygienic manner.

Stallholders must receive approval from the City’s Health Services prior to holding the stall. There are some restrictions on the types of products that can be sold from a stall, as well as the location of the stall. For further information please refer to the guidelines below, or contact the City’s Health Services on 9528 0333. 

Title Type Size and format
Stallholder Permit Application Form  Document PDF 230 kb
Stallholder Permit Guidelines Document PDF 359 kb
Stallholder Gas Safety Guidelines Document PDF 396 kb

Trading in Public Places

All food vehicles are required to comply with the Food Act 2008 and Food Safety Standards. Food vehicles must be registered and inspected by the local authority where they are housed overnight.

Food vehicles must also be licensed by the City’s Health Services before operating within the City of Rockingham. There are restrictions on the areas that food vehicles can operate. For further information please refer to the documents below or contact the City’s Health Services on 9528 0333.

back to top

Street Entertainers

These guidelines have been developed to assist you in your application for a Street Entertainer's Permit.

Activities on Local Government Property

To operate a commercial business on reserves vested in the City, a permit is required to be issued under either the City of Rockingham's Public Places and Local Government Property Local Law 2018. This includes personal training, dog obedience classes, surfing schools, operating bouncy castles and amusement rides on the City’s foreshore. Guidelines on how to apply, and an application form, can be downloaded via the links below.