More than 100 volunteers and guests joined in to celebrate the important contribution of the City’s advisory and emergency groups, with the event highlighted by the presentation of an award to Barry Stagg from the Rockingham Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service.
Mr Stagg, who joined the service in December 1987 and has served in a number of different roles since, was recognised for his outstanding service to the community over the past 32 years.
City of Rockingham Deputy Mayor Deb Hamblin congratulated Mr Stagg on his achievement and praised all of the City’s volunteers for their efforts.
“The City’s annual Volunteer Celebration represents an important opportunity to pay tribute to the men and women who dedicate their precious time and effort into making our community such a wonderful place,” Deputy Mayor Hamblin said.
“Finding people who are ready and willing to put their hand up to serve the community in a voluntary capacity is a difficult task, and it is one that seems to be getting harder with each passing year.
“In the City of Rockingham we are fortunate to have a large number of people who are prepared to get involved and go the extra mile, and the City thanks each and every one of them for the positive contribution they make to the community.”
A total of 10 emergency services groups and 13 advisory committees were acknowledged during the celebration including:
Advisory Committees and Working Groups
- Seniors Advisory Committee
- Bush Fire Advisory Committee
- City Safe Advisory Committee
- Aboriginal Advisory Group
- Disability Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee
- Global Friendships Committee
- Heritage Reference Group
- Local Emergency Management Committee
- Coastal Advisory Committee
- Roadwise Advisory Committee
- Rockingham Education and Training Advisory Committee
- Sports Advisory Committee
- Cultural Advisory Committee
Emergency Services Groups
- Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- Rockingham Kwinana SES
- Rockingham Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service
- Rockingham Volunteer Sea Rescue
- Salvation Army (Rockingham Branch)
- Secret Harbour Surf Life Saving Club
- Secret Harbour Volunteer Fire and Rescue
- Singleton Volunteer Bushfire Brigade
- Baldivis Volunteer Fire and Emergency Service
- St John Ambulance WA
Image: Deputy Mayor Deb Hamblin and Member for Brand Madeleine King formally recognised Rockingham Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services member Barry Stagg for his outstanding service to the community