Open Studios 2019
About Open Studios
Six local artists will be given the opportunity to work in residence in the gallery at the Rockingham Arts Centre to engage with the community, display and sell their artwork.
Two blocks of two weeks will be offered to three selected artists at a time, providing a unique collaborative working and exhibition space for emerging artists.
Open Studios Dates
Block 1: Wednesday 31 July–Sunday 11 August 2019
Block 2: Wednesday 28 August–Sunday 8 September 2019
Please note installation and de-installation dates are NOT included.
Soft opening nights on the first Friday of each block will invite the local community to engage with the selected artists.
Expressions of Interest are now closed.
Terms and conditions
- Artists will provide their own artistic equipment and works relevant to space provided.
- Artists must reside in the City of Rockingham to be eligible for Open Studios 2019.
- Artists will provide insurance for their artwork (at artist’s discretion). It is at the artists' own risk when choosing not to insure work.
- Artists will be wholly responsible for the installation and de-installation of their artwork and equipment.
- Artists will be present at all times between 10am–3pm daily for the duration of their residency including weekend days.
- Artists will present a 20-minute collaborative artist talk at the soft opening night.
- Artists will pay an equal portion ($80 per artist) of $240 for the hire of the exhibition space.
- Artists will pay a refundable bond of $50 for a key to the Rockingham Arts Centre
- The selections made by the City of Rockingham will be final. No further correspondence will be entered in to
- The City of Rockingham reserves the right to reproduce images of works for promotional and marketing purposes. This includes but is not limited to: publicity, advertising, website, exhibition or archival purposes in any other manner connected to the project
- The City of Rockingham holds no responsibility for damage caused to works during transportation to the Rockingham Arts Centre, installation, de-installation and while the works are on display.
What we will provide
The City of Rockingham will support the emerging artists by:
- The City has a limited supply of equipment including chairs, trestle tables, easels, plinths and moveable walls that can be made available to artists
- Provide artists with 25 square metres of floor space and three metres of wall space at the Rockingham Arts Centre (per artist)
- Promote the program and the artists through the City’s communication and network channels.
- Offer a proportional hire fee
- Take no commissions from any sales during the residency
- Assist the artist with a collaborative soft opening night, including refreshments and promotion.