Proposed Resource Recovery Facility (Waste to Energy)
A Development Application has been submitted for a Resource Recovery Facility (Waste to Energy) at Lot 1 Office Road, East Rockingham. The application is required to be determined by the Metro South-West Joint Development Assessment Panel but first, we'd like to receive your feedback.
The proposed development includes the following:
- Construction and operation of a Resource Recovery Facility.
- The facility comprises an administration building, waste bunker, combustion system, boiler, bottom ash handling and treatment area and other associated infrastructure.
- The absolute maximum building height is 60.3 metres which relates to the 'stack' and is setback 176.5 metres from Office Road.
- The development provides for separate access points from Office Road to accommodate private vehicles and commercial vehicles.
- A 10 metre wide landscape strip is proposed along Office Road.
Plans and information on the proposed development are available below.
Share your thoughts now
You can provide your feedback on this application
- online via Rock Port
- online via email
- mail the submission response form to: Chief Executive Officer, PO Box 2142, Rockingham DC 6967.
Written submissions may be made in writing and lodged with the Chief Executive Officer, by no later than 21 December 2018.
Please note that any written submission received in response to this invitation may be placed on the public record and be available for public inspection.