Proposed Change of Use (Transitional Accommodation for Homeless Males)
The City has received an application from St Patrick's Community Support Centre (non-profit organisation) seeking Development Approval for a Change of Use to Community Centre (Homeless Accommodation) at Lot 28 (No.23-27) Penguin Road, Shoalwater.
The proposal is to provide transitional accommodation for homeless men for up to a maximum period of two years. The accommodation will be provided generally in the upper floor of "Penola House".
Details of the proposal are as follows:
- maximum of 31 single adult males to be accommodated, with no dependents
- two head lodgers to liaise with housing staff and deal with any issues that arise
- one member of St Patrick's housing service's staff will be available on-site during office hours, Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
- an after-hours "on-call" staff member of St Patrick's will be available 7 days per week, outside office hours;
- visitors are only permitted between 8am and 8pm
- residents will not be permitted to own their own vehicle
- the proposal is supported by a Building Management Plan, Waste Management Plan, Bushfire Management Plan and Traffic Management Statement.
Plans and information pertaining to the proposal can be viewed below.
Share your thoughts
Prior to the City formally considering the matter, you are invited to share your thoughts on this application.
- Online via Rock Port
- Online via email
- mail to: Chief Executive Officer, City of Rockingham, PO Box 2142, Rockingham DC 6967.
Submissions on the proposal are to be received by no later than 12 October 2018.
Please note that any written submission received in response to this invitation will be placed on the public record and be available for inspection.