Parking Commercial Vehicles in Residential Zones
At its ordinary meeting on 26 March 2019 Council resolved to advertise proposed amendments to Planning Policy No.3.3.13 - Parking of Commercial Vehicles in Residential Zones (PP3.3.13).
The amendments include:
- A proposed amendment to the land use definition of Commercial Vehicle Parking which increases the gross vehicle mass of commercial vehicles able to park in residential areas from 1.5 tonnes to 4.5 tonnes to align with the requirements of the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015.
- Some changes to the text which are generally administrative in nature to ensure legislative terminology and definitions referenced in the policy are consistent with the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015.
- Strengthening of the Policy Statement section to allow the policy to be applied to other zones under Town Planning Scheme No.2 when determining development applications.
Prior to Council considering the amended policy for final adoption, your comment on the amended policy is sought.
Share your thoughts now
You can provide your feedback
- online via Rock Port, our community engagement portal
- online via email
- mail the submission response form to: Chief Executive Officer, PO Box 2142, Rockingham DC 6967.
Written submissions may be made in writing and lodged with the Chief Executive Officer, by no later than 3 May 2019.
Please note that any written submission received in response to this invitation may be placed on the public record and be available for public inspection.