Safety for seniors
Safety for Seniors Program
Community Safety Starts with You
Safety for Seniors is a free program run by the City of Rockingham aimed at supporting the more vulnerable and isolated seniors within the community. This program offers the opportunity to connect with a friendly volunteer by phone at least once a month for a chat.
How do I register?
Should you wish to register for the program you must comply with the following criteria:
- Live alone or with a fully dependent spouse;
- Have no or minimal contact with family;
- Feel socially isolated from the community;
- Be aged 65+; and
- Want to receive a monthly phone call from a City of Rockingham volunteer.
What will I receive?
- A Safety for Seniors Members pack;
- A free Crime Prevention through Environmental Design checklist for your home;
- A monthly telephone call from our Community Safety volunteers; and
- A regular Active Ageing newsletter that includes notification of upcoming City of Rockingham Seniors programs and events.
If you would like to register please contact the City of Rockingham on 9528 0333 or email email@example.com.
Security Subsidy Scheme
The City of Rockingham delivers a program to help residents to improve the level of security within their home. The City of Rockingham will provide a subsidy of up to $100 towards the cost of installing a range of security items such as window and door deadlocks, home intruder alarms, smoke detectors, meter-box locks, roller shutters and care link alarms (excluding monitoring costs to those who qualify).
The limit for the Subsidy is one valid Pension/Concession/Health Care Card holder, per household, per financial year.
All applcations received after 31 May will be processed as an application for the following financial year.
The City of Rockingham does not recommend any suppliers for installation. Local Security device suppliers/installers can be found in the Localink, RMK directory or local newspapers. Alternatively, information can be sourced online.