Rockingham 26° 15 °

Roads, crossovers, drainage and footpaths

We are responsible for the construction and maintenance of roads, drainage and footpaths within the City of Rockingham, excluding some major arterial roads that Main Roads WA are responsible for.

How to report a problem

To report any of the following issues please contact us or use our online forms to report a problem:

  • road damage
  • footpath problems
  • damaged kerbs
  • flooding
  • minor maintenance requests
  • pot holes.

For an emergency call between 4.45pm to 8am phone 9528 0333 for our after-hours answering and response service.

Crossovers and street verges

Residents may be eligible for a reimbursement of the costs of installing a crossover for the first time to their property.  Currently the City may reimburse 50% of the cost of a single width concrete crossover at a rate established by the City on commercial construction rates, if the crossover complies with the City's Crossover Specifications, which can be viewed below.

Street verges are typically described as the area of land between a road edge and the adjacent property boundary. Our Street Verge Development Policy ensures that street verges within the City are developed to an appropriate and consistent standard. 

For further information email or call our Engineering team on
9528 0333 to discuss further.

Name Type Format anf Size
Specifications for a Residential Crossover and Application Form Form PDF 639 kb
Street Verge Development Policy Policy PDF 163 kb