The City of Rockingham has been successful in receiving funding from the Department of Sport and Recreation to administer the KidSport program.
KidSport makes it possible for eligible children to join a not-for-profit sport or recreation club, by contributing up to $200 towards club registration and other agreed fees.
To be eligible, children must:
- Live within the City of Rockingham
- Be aged 5-18 years
- Have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
If you do not have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card, but suffer from financial difficulty contact the City to determine if you are eligible to receive funding.
Applicants can apply for KidSport funding to pay fees for a number of registered clubs. Funding is only available to cover fees of clubs that are registered for KidSport with the City of Rockingham. The list of registered clubs is continually growing, so if the club you would like to join is not currently registered, please contact our Club Development Officer on 9528 0333 to discuss if it is eligible to become a registered club.
It is preferred that children applying for KidSport funding register with clubs within the City of Rockingham, but it is not essential.
How to apply
- Ensure you meet ALL the eligibility criteria
- Complete the KidSport Application Voucher, which can be obtained below or by visiting the City of Rockingham Administration Office during normal office hours
- Parent/guardian must complete all sections of the Application Voucher
- Attend the City of Rockingham Administration Office Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm to have the voucher validated. Ensure you bring your Health Care Card/Pension Concession Card/referral form and photo ID confirming your residential address is within the City of Rockingham.
You can now apply online.
Alternatively, you can post your completed voucher, along with a copy of your Health Care Card/Pension Concession Card/referral form and photo ID, to:
ATT: Community Development Officer (Sport and Recreation)
City of Rockingham
PO Box 2142
ROCKINGHAM DC WA 6967
Once your postal application has been processed it will be returned to you via post. Validated application vouchers must then be presented to selected clubs to complete the registration process.
back to top