On-Street Parking Opportunities - Rockingham Foreshore
In December 2018, Council resolved to investigate options to increase the amount of parking at the Rockingham Foreshore, which is undergoing a revitalisation.
The investigation focussed on on-street parking close to Railway Terrace which is the primary destination of most visitors to the Rockingham Foreshore.
Along with an assessment of acceptable walking distances to Railway Terrace, the investigation also included:
- the width of the road reserve and its capacity to accommodate street parking;
- the general location of servicing infrastructure;
- the presence of existing crossovers servicing abutting homes; and
- the distance from existing intersections.
In some circumstances works will be required to replace existing verge areas with on-street bays. Where informal on-street parking already occurs, line marking is proposed to better manage the parking of vehicles and potentially increase parking supply.
The options that were identified and endorsed for public comment by Council in February 2019 are as follows.
- Harrison Street - between Val Street and Florence Street (line-marking)
- Florence Street - between Esplanade and Harrison Street (line-marking)
- Esplanade - between Samuel Street and Val Street (new bays within northern verge)
- May Street - between Harrison Street and Parkin Street (new bays within eastern verge)
The preliminary designs for these options are available below.
Please note that these plans are preliminary only, and should Council decide to proceed, detailed design will be carried out which may result in the configuration being modified.
Share your thoughts now
You can provide your feedback on this proposal
- online via Rock Port
- online via email
- mail written comments to: Chief Executive Officer, City of Rockingham, PO Box 2142, Rockingham DC 6967
Submissions must be lodged with the Chief Executive Officer by no later than 4.30pm on Friday 12 April 2019.
Please note that any written submission may be placed on the public record and be available for inspection.