Draft Seniors Strategy 2017-2021
The City of Rockingham Strategic Community Plan is the community’s long term vision for the future. Among the various strategies it has identified to achieve this vision, one focuses specifically on the need to plan to accommodate seniors in the future.
The City of Rockingham has prepared the Draft Seniors Strategy for 2017 to 2021. This draft strategy outlines how the City will achieve its vision for seniors to live a safe, fulfilling and enjoyable life as a part of an Age-friendly community where they are connected and are able to access valued, affordable and innovative community services, programs and infrastructure.
The draft strategy focuses on six key elements:
- advocate for improved community health and support services
- improve awareness of public and community transport
- support ageing in place
- deliver well planned, sustainable and contemporary infrastructure
- support the growth of socially inclusive communities
- facilitate technology and appropriately expand communication with seniors
Invitation to comment
This strategy is now available for public comment and is available to download. Alternatively a hard copy can be viewed at the City’s Administration Building, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm, and at City of Rockingham libraries during open hours.
Below are suggested questions to assist interested people to submit comments on the draft strategy:
- Which parts of the draft Seniors Strategy do you support and why?
- Which parts of the draft Seniors Strategy do you not support and why? Can you suggest an appropriate alternative?
- Which draft actions, new and ongoing, (refer to page 33 onwards within the strategy) are you interested in obtaining further information about in the future?
Please note that submissions received in response to this public comment may be placed on the public record.
Share your thoughts now
Share your thoughts now by submitting your comments either:
Responses must be received no later than 4.30pm on Tuesday 28 February 2017.
If you have any queries, please contact Customer Services on (08) 9528 0333.