Mersey Point Jetty
Arcadia Drive, Shoalwater
The new jetty footprint site has been determined based upon coastal monitoring at Mersey Point over the past three years. Monitoring has identified the most suitable and stable area of foreshore and seabed for construction. It will be located 150m north of the existing timber jetty location.
The project is being funded by the City of Rockingham and Tourism, Western Australia. The commercial ferry operator located at Mersey Point will reimburse a percentage of the capital costs over a number of years as part of its agreement to use the new jetty.
$1.9 million has been included in the 2017/2018 Annual Budget.
Scope of Works
The construction of a new jetty 150m north of the existing timber jetty location will involve:
• construction of a new concrete jetty superstructure on steel piles
• lower level landing for short term recreational boating vessel berthing
• fender piles for commercial ferry operations
• new concrete footpath access from car park to jetty approach
• new shelter construction at jetty approach
• beach access paths on both sides of the jetty.
Construction commencement – September/October 2017.
Construction completion – 30 January 2018.