These works are essential in preparing for the Rockingham Beach Foreshore Revitalisation project.
You can expect to see:
- Small ground penetrating radar units (about the size of a wheelchair) being wheeled up and down Railway Terrace. These are used to identify where the services are.
- Painting of service locations on the pavement throughout Railway Terrace.
- Excavation of small holes to identify the exact location and depth of each service. The process generally involves the vacuum excavation of a 100mm hole by specialist equipment. There will be some noise associated with each vacuum usage.
- Backfilling and reinstatement of the holes.
- Traffic and pedestrian management as and when required for the safety of the workers, pedestrians and drivers.
The contractors undertaking these works are experienced in working in a commercial environment and will ensure that restricting access to businesses is minimised wherever possible, and noise kept to a minimum.
If you require further information, please contact the City Senior Project Officer, Michael Wilson, email@example.com or 08 9528 0333.