The City of Rockingham encourages primary schools within the City to participate in this event by offering funding assistance to host a healthy breakfast as part of Walk Safely to School Day.
“National Walk Safely to School Day aims to promote better health and cleaner air. This event teaches children about the importance of keeping physically active, having a healthy diet, staying safe and caring for the environment,” City of Rockingham Mayor Barry Sammels said.
Twenty four local schools have registered to receive their donation for a healthy breakfast from the City as part of Walk Safely to School Day:
• Baldivis Gardens Primary School
• Baldivis Primary School
• Baldivis Secondary College
• Charthouse Primary School
• Comet Bay Primary School
• Cooloongup Primary School
• East Waikiki Primary School
• Endeavour Education Support Centre
• Endeavour Primary School
• Living Waters Lutheran College
• Makybe Rise Primary School
• Malibu School
• Port Kennedy Primary School
• Rockingham Beach Education Support Centre
• Rockingham Montessori School
• Secret Harbour Primary School
• Settlers Primary School
• Singleton Primary School
• Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School
• Tranby College
• Tuart Rise Primary School
• Waikiki Primary School
• Warnbro Community High School
• Warnbro Primary School
“The City is also using this opportunity to improve its links with the schools by discussing other health issues and initiatives in order to create a healthier community,” Mayor Sammels said.
For more information please contact Mrs Jessica Sankey, Community Development Officer (Health and Wellbeing) on 9528 0435.