Residents were asked to rate a range of facilities and services provided by the City ranging from libraries, footpaths and cycle ways to community health and wellbeing. The feedback received will be used to help improve the City’s services and address areas of priority for the year ahead.
All entries were included in a random prize draw with a first prize of $1000 or $600 for second prize with three Gold Memberships from Aqua Jetty as third, fourth and fifth prizes.
City of Rockingham Mayor, Barry Sammels presented the prizes at the Administration building in Rockingham on Tuesday 8 December:
- First Prize $1,000: Ms Emma Whitehurst
- Second Prize $600: Mr Christian Bitz
- Third Prize 12 month Double Gold Membership to Aqua Jetty: Ms Kym Pierce
- Fourth Prize 6 month Double Gold Membership to Aqua Jetty: Mrs Maggie Chaytor
- Fifth Prize 3 month Double Gold Membership to Aqua Jetty: Mr Adrian Arbuckle.
Analysis of the results is now underway with findings expected to be available online in March 2016.
Some of the preliminary findings show a trend in the comments:
- Requesting a green waste bin (which the City has plans to address in 2017)
- Managing dog and cat issues
- Rates; and
- Requests for new or upgraded facilities.